Anton Counseling & Health Psychology makes a world of difference by paying attention to the smallest details and offering a varied selection of interventions and treatment preferences, matched to your unique and specific needs. Interventions are both evidence and practice-based psychological and biopsychosocial. As always, respect and caring are at the heart of our therapy.
Biopsychosocial Interventions Include:
- Adaptation/Creating a Rich Inner Life - providing support to adults who are experiencing quality of life adjustments to an altered reality due to traumatic experiences, illness, injury, after effects of medical treatments, or permanent disability.
- Coping/Growth Enhancement - assisting adults to actively plan, develop new habits, elicit support, seek information, and facilitate mourning while preventing depression.
- Decision Making/Envisioning Your Ideal Future - assisting adults to envision and arrive at optimal decisions for their personal and professional circumstances, and then to maintain their focus and motivation until they are fully achieved.
- Interpersonal Techniques - encouraging adults to practice new or improved skills for assertiveness and communication with colleagues, employers, family, friends, partners.
- Medical Symptom Reduction - helping adults to decrease pain, improve sleep and lessen noxious side effects of treatments.
- Solution Focused Psychotherapy - drilling down, a time-limited approach to resolving emotional issues, enhancing your decision-making/problem-solving, based on biopsychosocial stressors and resources.
- Stress, Anxiety, and Peak Performance - assisting adults to practice techniques of self-regulation, such as focused breathing, hypnosis, meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, and visualization.
Anton Counseling & Health Psychology is committed to improving the quality of life for our clients by providing an environment for learning and sharing healthy ways to relate with others and grow emotionally.
We also believe that the earlier a person can acquire emotional health skills and develop a support system, the better equipped they are to enjoy life, avoid unhealthy and dangerous habits, and help support others.
That's why we are contributing a portion of our revenue to the Kids Help Phone. It's Canada’s only toll-free, national phone and web counselling, referral and information service for children and youth
We believe that the world can be changed from the inside out.